January 27, 2016

Riding Freedom

Riding Freedom by Pam Munoz Ryan is a biography with a bit of fiction in it. This story starts in New Hampshire in about 1814 and ends in California in the 1850's. This is an incredible true story of a girl who was not afraid of what she wanted.

When young Charlotte's only friend at the orphanage is adopted and Charlotte is unfortunately barred from the stables, she makes up her mind to run. Where, how, and when are no longer questions; she has to run free.

I like this book as a wonderful story of strength and endurance, but when I found out the woman who had this strength was real, I loved it that much more. I would probably recommend this book to anyone because it is an easy read yet suspenseful. I believe anyone could enjoy it. I have not read any more books by Pam Munoz Ryan, but she did such a great job on this book, I would definitely read more.

*****
AK

No comments: