September 10, 2019

Glorious Appearing

Over the summer, I read Armageddon, which is the eleventh book in the Left Behind series. Since I read it over the summer, there will be no book review for Armageddon and this review is for Glorious Appearing, which is the twelfth and final book in the original Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Glorious Appearing covers the end of the Battle of Armageddon foretold of in Revelation, as well as the return of Christ to earth.

The Antichrist, Nicolae Carpathia, has gathered troops from all across the globe to destroy the remainder of the Jewish people in Petra and Jerusalem. Antichrist's army and munitions are more than the world has ever seen and yet the Tribulation Force and the rest of the believers rest assured that this battle marks the end. Jesus is near, the devil has already lost, and soon the millennial reign will begin.

I cried at the end of Glorious Appearing. God has used this entire series to grow my own faith and trust in him. I also used to hate reading but this series has reignited my love for it and I'll be on the lookout for similar books. As for who should read the series, I would say 12 and over; in the last books especially, there are a lot of scenes depicting horrible persecution of Christians and it might be too much for young readers so I would recommend that they wait a few years. I also suggest following along in Revelation as you go through the series, as it really makes you marvel at the promises God has made of what is to come. Once again, I highly recommend Glorious Appearing and the whole Left Behind book series

*****
AK 

No comments: