September 14, 2018

Diary of a Teenage Girl; Who I Am

Diary of a Teenage Girl; Who I Am is the third book in the Caitlyn Diary of a Teenage Girl series. This volume focuses on social constructs of the world and how one particular Christian girl decides to face them.

Caitlyn O'Connor is now a junior in high school and has her sights on becoming a missionary. She also has two more years of school and, when systemic racism and homophobia enter, it seems that those last two years will be tricky.

Of all the Caitlyn books I've read so far, I liked this the least. The main character lacked empathy in my opinion and came across as incredibly judgmental, as she seems to force her personal convictions onto others. As for who I would recommend this book to, I would say anyone who liked the first two, because it seems necessary to read them in order.

*****
AK

No comments: