September 27, 2018

Diary of a Teenage Girl; I Do

I Do is the last book in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series by Melody Carlson. This fifth novel focuses on a Christian girl's life after college, and it also focuses on moving on to a new stage of life.

Caitlyn O'Connor is in her senior year of college and is newly engaged to her high school boyfriend. In the few, short months that this book spans, they ready themselves for their wedding, their hopes to be missionaries, and their overall life together.

I was happy to finish the series here. As usual, there was little character development, and after the four books before it, it just seemed like it was time for the series to end. If I had to sum up all five of the Caitlyn books, I would describe them as a bit cheesy and good for early teens who are just beginning to come into their own and understand the problems of the world.

*****
AK

No comments: