September 26, 2018

Diary of a Teenage Girl; On My Own

On My Own is the fourth book in the Diary of a Teenage Girl series. Unlike the three books before it, On My Own focuses on college life rather than high school.

Caitlyn O'Connor has finally graduated and is off to college. She quickly realizes that college is a lot different from high school and it doesn't help that all her friends go to a different university. Through her freshman year, she faces almost daily struggles with her roommate, and enters a very confusing relationship with an old flame.

On My Own was a bit better than the previous book, but I found it difficult to ignore the protagonist's lack of character growth. The plot line seems to reach at hard-hitting problems in the world, but seems to fall short of a satisfying ending. But, once again, if you are a fan of the Caitlyn book series, give this one a try.

*****
AK

No comments: